7 Simple Steps to Start Selling on TikTok
If you’re looking to start your own business and make money online, TikTok might just be the social media platform you’re looking for. Not only does this app offer an easy way to earn some cash, but it also has a large audience and growing user base that you can reach at any time of the day or night with your products. No matter how old you are, if you have something to sell and some creativity, selling on TikTok can be incredibly lucrative—as long as you follow these seven steps!
1) Get Started
TikTok is like a handheld social network where you can share your life with the world. No matter what you want to do, you can find a way to make it happen by following some of these steps. The app has been around for about three years and has over 500 million users!
2) Build a Reputation
The best way to make money with a successful TikTok account is by selling merchandise. If you don’t want to make your own clothes, you can buy items wholesale and sell them for a higher price. Your posts should be about showing the clothes off in an interesting or quirky way so people are more likely to purchase them. It might be difficult in the beginning, but these 7 steps will help you get started!
3) Build an Audience
To build an audience, create a username that is not just your name. The more unique it is, the better. Next, make sure you add keywords or other names for who you are in your profile and tag those people in your posts when possible. Doing this will ensure the community knows who you are and will want to follow your story!
Next, decide what types of products or services you want to sell. Finally, get creative with how and where you promote these items.
4) Optimize your profile
When creating your account, you will be asked to include some information, including your name and interests. Your username should be a combination of your first and last name. However, the username is unique to each account so if the name you want is already taken, it’s important that you come up with an alternative that describes who you are and what you do. Uploading a profile photo is also important because TikTok users can follow people based off their image alone.
5) Choose high-demand items
- Brainstorm a list of items you have or could make. Think about the goods or services that people would be interested in buying. *Tip: Have one of your customers review the product first if you are not sure it will be a popular product.
- Choose a name for your business and domain name – if desired.
6) Promote Yourself
You can be whoever you want to be and share anything that matters to you. You can promote your brand or your service as long as it’s clean content and creative in nature.
7) Create A Schedule
- Once you’ve tapped ‘Merchandise,’ select the product you want to sell
- If your product is already in the app, tap the camera icon next to it
- If your product is not in the app yet, type a product title and enter a price (at this point, only a one-time purchase option will be available)
- Tap upload or insert photo and select an image from your device or take one using your camera